As you can imagine, most of Y&H’s readers are based right here in the God-fearing, gun-loving United States of America. But as I’ve been messing around with Google Analytics, I’ve discovered a number of posts from 2009 that played well in foreign countries, sort of like old blues musicians in Europe, I guess.
Below you’ll find the five most-popular Y&H posts outside the U.S. — and the country in which the item found an audience. You know what? Some cliches are true: Canadians dig beer.
The list after the jump.
- Vintage TV Beer Commercials — Croatia, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom (combined, these countries totalled thousands of page views)
- Budweiser Launches Select 55, Light Beer Arms Race Gets Absurd — Canada
- Flying Dog Receives Brewery of the Year: Catch Them Thursday at the Mayflower — Canada
- Spike Mendelsohn Evicted from His Capitol Hill Rental House — Colombia (No doubt most of those clicks came from Mendelsohn’s former landlords who are based in the country.)
- Ritz Pastry Chef Jérôme Girardot Found Dead in Cameron Station Park — France