Time to play catch-up here late on a Hump Day, which can mean only one thing: another round-up of food-related links. First up is the big news of the new year: the sudden departure of Cedric Maupillier from Central. WaPo‘s Tom Sietsema broke the news.
Interestingly enough, Philly.com reported in November that Maupillier’s replacement, Arthur Cavaliere, was heading to D.C. Unfortunately, the source couldn’t say where exactly he was moving to. The interesting thing to Y&H is Cavaliere’s experience at El Vez, the Stephen Starr property that deals in modern Mexican-American food. Could any of that influence wiggle its way into Michel Richard‘s Americanized French bistro?
In other news:
- U Street Girl reports that former Tabaq chef, the underrated Daniel Labonne, has opened his own place, Bistro La Bonne on U Street.
- Prince of Petworth notes that the former Asmara Cafe space is being transformed into Bella Restaurant.
- PoP also lets us know that one of Y&H’s best new restaurants, Masa 14, is already looking to expand.
- Zagat Buzz gives us a list of places that are extending Restaurant Week.
- Foodservice Monthly names Lynne Breaux, president of Restaurant Association Metropolitan Washington, the “foodservice leader of the year.”
- Obama Foodorama has the recipe for the sweet potato tart from Iron Chef America‘s most recent winning team.