Get our free newsletter
These commercials only last 30 seconds, so let’s get to it:
- Flying Dog Tweet-Up at Big Hunt – Thursday, Jan. 7, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Flying Dog taps their Garde Dog, a French-style farmhouse ale, for their first monthly tweet-up, which will happen the first Thursday of every month around D.C. The first 25 folks to tweet their arrival get a free pint glass, but I’d go for their nice and hoppy Raging Bitch Belgian IPA, which will be on tap too.
- Flying Dog Glass Giveaway at Rustico – Thursday, Jan. 7, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Pretty much the same deal…except this Garde Dog will be on cask. Also on tap will be Raging Bitch, Gonzo Imperial Porter, and Doggie Style Pale Ale.
- Life and Limb at Scion – Sunday, Jan. 10, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. I don’t know how this Asian fusion restaurant secured a keg of the highly sought Life and Limb collaboration between Sierra Nevada and Dogfish Head, but they’re tapping what’s probably the last keg in D.C. to celebrate their six-month anniversary. From 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. they’re only offering it as part of a food pairing: $12 gets you 6 oz. of the beer and two bites to pair with it. After 8, they’ll sell the rest by the glass.
- Loose Cannon on Cask at Galaxy Hut – Monday, Jan. 11, 6 p.m. Heavy Seas Loose Cannon, the freshest-tasting IPA in the area, is even more floral on cask. Plus, this one will be a test version made with Maryland-grown hops. It’s so easy to support local businesses when they’re this delicious.
- Great Lakes tapping at Big Hunt – Monday, Jan. 11, 8 p.m. Ohioans rejoice! Cleveland’s Great Lakes Brewing Company is arriving in D.C., and the first keg will be tapped here. Drink their three flagship beers: Dortmunder Gold (German lager), Commodore Perry IPA (a subdued, English-style IPA), and Eliot Ness (a Vienna lager, sweeter and reddish-brown).