Pete’s will be riding the storm out.
For those who didn’t stock the pantry in preparation for the Armageddon — sorry, snowmageddon — you might consider braving the elements and heading to a nearby restaurant. A number are doggedly riding out the storm this weekend.
Here’s our working list. Please add to it as you learn of others:
- Pete’s Apizza The owners are housing employees at a nearby B&B so that the Columbia Heights pizzeria can serve all your pie needs. “All they have to do is walk to work” tomorrow, says co-owner Mike Wilkinson
- Dino Owner/chef Dean Gold e-mailed today to say, “We expect to be open tomorrow.”
- Jackson 20 The Alexandria restaurant, in fact, will be giving away a free dinner entree on Saturday for “the best snow sculpture in the courtyard.” Judging at 5 p.m.
- Urbana The Dupont Circle restaurant is hosting a “Baby It’s Cold Outside Beach Party.” Anyone who arrives in beach wear (presumably under a heavy coat) can sip on $5 summer cocktails, including sea breezes, Bahama mamas, bay breezes, rum runners, and margaritas.
- Poste Moderne Brasserie The Penn Quarter restaurant is offering two hot drinks at half price. The drinks: “Who’s Your Toddy?” and the classic hot buttered rum.
- Grapeseed The American bistro in Bethesda is offering its Restaurant Week menu tonight and tomorrow. Chef/owner Jeff Heineman swears he’s spending the night at the restaurant, so he can “shovel first thing.”
- Chinatown Coffee Co. The shop in, duh, Chinatown will be giving away “snowcakes” to anyone buying a coffee drink. What is a snowcake? Co-owner Max Brown says they’re “pancakes with real maple syrup and powdered sugar and a touch of espresso.”
- Minibar at Cafe Atlantico Nothing will stop Jose Andres from foaming!
- Againn Though the downtown pub suggests you call before arriving. Sounds like a hedge to us.
- H Street NE bars They’re offering a special promotion that makes you actually root for more snow.
- D.C. steakhouses Erik Wempleover on City Desk has a run-down of your favorite beef suppliers.