Just call Derek Brown, left, Mr. Outstanding Wine and Spirits Professional
Y&H is a behind on this (hey, if you want excuses, I got a million of ’em!), but I wanted to offer my congratulations to the local semi-finalists for this year’s James Beard Awards. It’s an impressive list, one filled with many of Y&H’s favorites.
Compare this year’s semi-finalists to last year’s, and you’ll see the D.C. area had a couple more nominees in 2010. The local nominees are listed after the jump.
- Ashok Bajaj, owner of 701, Ardeo, Bardeo, Bibiana Osteria-Entoteca, The Bombay Club, The Oval Room, and Rasika.
- José Andrés, minibar
RISING STAR CHEF OF THE YEAR
- Johnny Monis, Komi
BEST NEW RESTAURANT
OUTSTANDING PASTRY CHEF
- Amanda Cook, CityZen
OUTSTANDING WINE SERVICE
OUTSTANDING WINE AND SPIRITS PROFESSIONAL
- Derek Brown, The Passenger
BEST CHEF: MID-ATLANTIC
- Cathal Armstrong, Restaurant Eve
- Tony Conte, The Oval Room
- Melissa Close Hart, Palladio at Barboursville Vineyards in Barboursville
- Peter Pastan, Obelisk
- Vikram Sunderam, Rasika
- Bryan Voltaggio, Volt in Frederick
- Spike Gjerde, Woodberry Kitchen in Baltimore