It was a week in which newcomers — the theme of this year’s Best of D.C. issue — also dominated the Y&H blog. The Queen’s upcoming appearance on H Street NE (The Queen Vic, that is) drew most of the attention, as is proper, but the reigning royalty of sandwich-making, Taylor Gourmet, was not far behind, with news of its third location in Bethesda.
Take a look at your favorites from last week:
- The Queen Vic to Make an Appearance on H Street with Eel Pies (*)
- Taylor Gourmet to Open Third Shop in Bethesda
- My Day in Chinatown/Penn Quarter Food and Drink
- Crepes: Are They the New Cupcakes?
- The Truly Awful Thing About the Cupcake Craze: The Wasteful Packaging
* A certain light-drinking Budweiser beer was, once again, a popular item among readers, but we’ve stopped counting it.