We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Let’s not examine why Y&H has liquor on the brain at this hour. Let’s just review some of the latest in firewater news.
- Montgomery County is thinking it may not feel so blue on Sundays anymore. [DCist]
- Tune Inn on Capitol Hill slathered on the pomade for its moment in the spotlight. [Washingtonian‘s Best Bites Blog]
- Fritz Hahn dangles some opening dates and/or time frames that give us hope that Biergarten Haus and Buddha-Bar may actually launch soon. [WaPo‘s Going Out Gurus]
- Speaking of Buddha-Bar, Metrocurean sneaked in for a peek at the place (and has a different opening date).
- Beer with dessert? Sounds like a pairing made in heaven ChurchKey. But does it work? [Chow.com blog]
- We’re No. 1! We’re No. 1 We’re No. 1! That’s right, we’re the country with the crappiest beer in the world! [HuffPo]
- Bitter over the limited flavors of commercial bitters? Derek Brown helps you geek out and make your own. [Atlantic Food Channel]
- Lazy man’s charity: Drink to save the Brazilian rainforest. [Metrocurean]
- Comet sees a ray of hope about getting its liquor license back soon. [Aw, shucks.]
Image courtesy of Seattleye via Flickr Creative Commons, Attribution License