We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
It’s a short leap from corned beef and cabbage to the corned beef and sauerkraut found on a Reuben. At least that’s the message I get from the Atlas District‘s latest eatery, Star and Shamrock Tavern and Deli, which drew the kind of attention you’d expect from a place that marries an Irish pub with a Jewish deli.
Instead of last call, does everyone’s mother walk in at 2 a.m. and announce, “Your father and I are so disappointed in you”?
And with that, here are the top five posts from last week:
- A First Look at Star and Shamrock (*)
- Carol Blymire to Live Blog the Beard Awards
- A Few Minutes with Rebel Heroes Co-Owner Tan Nguyen
- What Is New Haven-Style Pizza? Hint: It’s Not About Coal.
- Ray’s the Steaks at East River Opening: ‘Gratifying’ and ‘Challenging’
* A certain light-drinking Budweiser beer was, once again, a popular item among readers, but we’ve stopped counting it.