It’s an issue that brick-and-mortar restaurants have been bitching about in other cities for awhile now: that food carts and food trucks steal their business. Now the battle has reached the D.C. area. We Love DC reports that the beloved District Taco has been forced to relocate because of complaints from Baja Fresh in Rosslyn.
This David vs. Goliath battle leads our latest edition of Food News You Can Use, if only because it gives you a glimpse into the tactics that an overextended chain will employ to stay alive.
More local food news after that jump.
- A car crashes into Rhodeside Grill in Arlington. [via ARL Now]
- Still no word on whether Wagamama has given up on D.C. [via WBJ‘s Top Shelf]
- A wood-oven pizzeria opens in Silver Spring, run by a guy from a long line of pizzaioli back in Naples. [via Urban Daddy]
- Scheiße! The much anticipated Biergarten Haus opening has been delayed. [via Frozen Tropics]
- WaPo wonders if the Obama White House really has the willpower to lower childhood obesity. [via All We Can Eat]
- Seaton Smith turns Cochon 555 into a long comedy routine. [via BrightestYoungThings]
- An early look at Slaviya, the Eastern European outpost that gobbled up the old Left Bank space in AdMo. [via Thrillist]
- District Taco is promising to rise again tomorrow — at a new location.