Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
BEER EVENTS FOR WEDNESDAY, JUNE 2
- [LH PICK] Flying Dog Meet the Brewery Night at Pizzeria Paradiso – Both Pizzeria Paradiso locations will have a special selection of Flying Dog beers including Barrel Aged Gonzo, Locally-Roasted Coffee Stout, and casks of Raging Bitch Belgian IPA. 5 to 8PM.
WHY TO GO: The Barrel-Aged Gonzo Imperial Porter that is out right now is heavenly. Depending on which Flying Dog beers are available, a chance to try a Snake Dog Bite or another one of Manager Greg Jasgur‘s beertails.
WHY NOT TO: You prefer enough personal space to sit and enjoy your beer (Wednesday is Pizzeria Paradiso’s regular happy hour night and it can get crowded). Tip: head to Georgetown instead of Dupont.
- The Clash of the Titans at The Red and The Black – The event will feature Great Lakes Brewing Company’s Lake Erie Monster and Harpoon Brewing’s Leviathan, two behemoths among beers. Music provided by Nathan Robinson (of Archivist) and friends. Glassware giveaway. 5 to 8PM.
WHY TO GO: No cover. Live music. You like big, flavorful beers.
WHY NOT TO: The H Street trolley isn’t running yet. Red & Black’s beer list doesn’t have that many other craft beer gems to offer. (They have a few but the key word is “gem.”)
- Goose Island Sofie Tasting at D’Vines – Free tasting of the Illinois brewery’s “sparkling saison”-style beer, brewed with wild yeasts and aged in wine barrels with orange peel. Every 13th four-pack is only $0.01. 5:30 to 8PM.
WHY TO GO: FREE tasting. The chance to get four beers for a penny.
WHY NOT TO: You don’t think saisons should sparkle.
- Heavy Seas & BreweryFans.com SAVOR Ticket Giveaway at Elephant & Castle – Loose Cannon IPA will be available for $1 off. Get a raffle ticket for every Loose Cannon purchased for a chance to win a ticket to SAVOR including a salon ticket. 6 to 9PM. Drawing at 9PM.
WHY TO GO: Loose Cannon IPA (yum). You are desperate for a ticket to SAVOR and feeling lucky.
WHY NOT TO: You are desperate for a ticket to SAVOR and feeling…desperate.
- Anchor Humming Ale Release Party at ChurchKey -Anchor’s new seasonal release, Humming Ale, will be featured on draft and multiple other Anchor offerings will be available including Anchor Steam, Anchor Liberty Ale, and Anchor Old Foghorn Barleywine. 6 to 9PM.
WHY TO GO: Nelson Sauvin hops. A chance to rub elbows with Anchor CEO John Dannerbeck and learn about Anchor’s recent sale to the Griffin Group. Old Foghorn Barleywine.
WHY NOT TO: You won’t be hard-pressed to get these beers at lots of other places on lots of other days.
- [LH PICK, BS PICK] Three Floyds Tasting at the Brickskeller – The three brothers from Indiana who started Three Floyds Brewing Company will be on stage at the Brick leading a tasting of eight FFF beers, including their Alpha King Challenge winning beer. 6:30 to 10PM. Tickets $35 at LoveTheBeer.com.
WHY TO GO: All Three Floyds themselves and eight beers for only $35 (come on!). The beer education pros at the Brick know what they are doing.
WHY NOT TO: You don’t like hops. You don’t like being shushed.
- Extended Hump Day Flying Dog Happy Hour at 19th – The golf-themed bar will have a late happy hour featuring Flying Dog Doggie Style Pale Ale and other Flying Dog offerings. 8 to 10PM.
WHY TO GO: You are a loyal Flying Dog fan. You have to work late.
WHY NOT TO: You refuse to attend an event that has “hump” in its title. You hate golf.
- [BS PICK] American Craft Beer Tasting at Granville Moore’s – It will be too late for those award-winning mussels but the folks at Granville Moore’s are featuring a bunch of American craft beers including Brooklyn Barleywine, Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout, Brooklyn Local 2, Anchor Porter, Rogue Chipotle, Coney Island Albino, River Horse Triple and others. Free Granville Moore’s glasses to the first 30 people. 10PM to 12AM.
WHY TO GO: Belgian beers make your heart go pitter-pat.
WHY NOT TO: Your pets, spouse, or job do not permit you to be out past 10pm on a Wednesday.