François Haeringer tested his last sauce on Tuesday.
What a terrible week for fans of the local restaurant scene. First Inox closes, then Roberto Donna admits to embezzling tax money from Arlington County, and finally the great chef François Haeringer passes away at age 91, working right to the end.
You were clicking like mad on all these sad reports. Here were your Top 5 from last week:
- Roberto Donna Pleads Guilty to Felony Embezzlement in Arlington County
- Sietsema Tweet: Inox Closed Last Night (*)
- The Winner of Y&H’s RAMMY Awards Contest: In Search of the Perfect Dumpling
- Chef François Haeringer Dies at Age 91
- SAVOR Mania: The Master List
* A certain light-drinking Budweiser beer was, once again, a popular item among readers, but we’ve stopped counting it.
Photo by Darrow Montgomery