There’s still time to nominate local icons for Best of D.C.
With a turn on Top Chef and a nice run under one of the country’s most famous chefs, Mike Isabella was just waiting for the right moment to leave his comfortable perch at Zaytinya. That moment will be August 7, when Isabella cooks his last meal at José Andrés’ raucous Penn Quarter restaurant. The chef announced last week that he hopes to open his own small plates eatery, Venetian-style, by the end of the year.
If interest on the Y&H blog is any indicator of future success, Isabella is going to have a big stinking hit on his hands. Thousands clicked on the blog item, easily making it the week’s top performer.
Here are the Top 5:
- Mike Isabella Is Leaving Zaytinya to Open His Own Place
- 2Amys, Consider Yourself Warned: Edan MacQuaid Is Back in Business (*)
- Food News You Can Use: The Sam Kass Is Hot Edition
- Dogfish Head’s Sam Calagione to Star in Discovery Channel Beer Show
- (Tie) Meridian Pint Opens Today: What’s Inside? and The ‘American’ Section in a German Grocery Store
* A certain light-drinking Budweiser beer was, once again, a popular item among readers, but we’ve stopped counting it.