We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
Top Chef: Played out?
Hey, I thought we were supposed to be suffering through the summer doldrums in the District? Not with this amount of news, we aren’t. So let’s waste no time.
- Proof owner Mark Kuller has just entered José Andrés territory with the grand opening of Estadio. [via Metrocurean]
- Pssst, the Secret Safeway is closing. [via Washington Business Journal]
- WaPo‘s Dave McIntyre sees some progress in the local wine movement but still sides with Todd Kliman‘s rebuke from the pulpit, “The Locavore Wine Hypocrisy.” [via All We Can Eat]
- Don’t listen to the corn-syrup lobby; that stuff really is making us fat. [via The Slow Cook]
- D.C.’s Top Chef alumni pick their favorite summer hot dogs. [via Best Bites Blog]
- There’s only one A student among the federal cafeterias, despite new government guidelines to promote healthier eating at its facilities. [via WaPo]
- DCist has a great photo spread on L’Enfant Cafe’s Bastille Day block party in Adams Morgan. We have just two words for you: French maids! Well, sort of. [via DCist]
- And finally, Josh Ozersky wonders if Top Chef is played out. [via Time magazine]