Sign up for our free newsletter
In honor of this morning’s historic earthquake, we here at Y&H Central offer a few suggestions on where you can knock back a shake to mark the occasion:
- Good Stuff Eatery: There’s a reason why people continue to hype Spike Mendelsohn‘s shakes. They’re hand-spun with a custard base and just a hint of yogurt to balance out the sweetness.
- Ted’s Bulletin: The chocolate shake here includes three variations on the cocoa theme: syrup, ice cream, and flakes.
- The Diner: The Adams Morgan joint doesn’t feel the need to dress up the classic combo of milk and ice cream.
- Ben’s Chili Bowl: Nothing pairs better with a spicy half-smoke than a thick, creamy chocolate shake.
- Z Burger: The budding burger chain offers a wide variety of shakes, some of them even decent.
- Elevation Burger: The organic burger chain offers real fruit shakes and malts and even boasts a few untraditional flavors, like key lime and guava.
Where else? Where do you go for a good shake? And not the kind in Germantown-Gaithersburg.