We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
In honor of this morning’s historic earthquake, we here at Y&H Central offer a few suggestions on where you can knock back a shake to mark the occasion:
- Good Stuff Eatery: There’s a reason why people continue to hype Spike Mendelsohn‘s shakes. They’re hand-spun with a custard base and just a hint of yogurt to balance out the sweetness.
- Ted’s Bulletin: The chocolate shake here includes three variations on the cocoa theme: syrup, ice cream, and flakes.
- The Diner: The Adams Morgan joint doesn’t feel the need to dress up the classic combo of milk and ice cream.
- Ben’s Chili Bowl: Nothing pairs better with a spicy half-smoke than a thick, creamy chocolate shake.
- Z Burger: The budding burger chain offers a wide variety of shakes, some of them even decent.
- Elevation Burger: The organic burger chain offers real fruit shakes and malts and even boasts a few untraditional flavors, like key lime and guava.
Where else? Where do you go for a good shake? And not the kind in Germantown-Gaithersburg.