Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
We can't make City Paper without you
Was Tamesha played by Angelo?
I’m sorry, but I had to take a break from Top Chef D.C. for awhile. I can only take so much “reality” TV beofre my head feels like it’s shrinking to the size of a jelly bean, ready to be eaten by the first self-starving former runway model hosting one of these stupid programs.
But others have plenty to say and report on the subject of Top Chef D.C. Let’s check the current record.
- If you haven’t read it yet, Time magazine is starting to think the program is played out. Sample line: “The setting this season, Washington, D.C., has all the excitement of a school field trip.”
- The Los Angeles Times thought the most recent episode finally captured the essence of D.C., thanks to its partisan backstabbing.
- Slashfood says “we felt the first true hurt of the season so far” when Tamesha was given the boot.
- Ugh. WaPo reports that next week’s judges will include U.S. Sen. Mark Warner, whose qualifications include part ownership in The Majestic. His fellow judges will include “television commentators Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski, Center for American Progress president John Podesta.” Mmmm, political wonks judging food. Hold. Me. Back.
- The Stir thinks Angelo, the “slimeball,” had a hand in Tamesha’s downfall.
- Eater wishes chefs’ heads would start to explode like in Scanners. Hard to explain. Read it yourself.
- The Washingtonian‘s guest blogger Carol Blymire was “waiting for Reagan to rise from the dead and make them cook jellybeans sous vide” when the Cold War elimination challenge started.
- CNN‘s Marquee blog is ready to choke Kelly: “The Quickfire win went to Kelly, who seems to be the breakout star of the “Top Chef” ladies this season. Albeit annoying, Kelly seems to be the only female chef this season with the confidence and skill to pull off a good dish. Though, did I mention she is annoying? Come on Andrea, step it up.”
Photo courtesy of Bravo