We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
So much for the summer doldrums. Let’s get right into the news.
- Dino owner Dean Gold wants to open a second restaurant, this one with more beer. [TBD]
- The new Metrocurean is born! [Metrocurean, duh]
- This just in, bro: Heavy drinking will extend your life. [Time]
- Gut Check thinks The Great Food Truck Race should have conducted better research on the mobile options in NoVa. [Northern Virginia magazine]
- Vento restaurant is moving into the old Stars Bistro space on P Street NW. [Prince of Petworth]
- Make your own cocktail at the Fruit Bat. [Thrillist]
- The Alliance Tavern is dead. [Capital Retail Group]
- American Tap Room in Bethesda has menus that light up! [The Bethesda Foodie]
- A look inside the new Taylor Gourmet in Bethesda. [Washington Business Journal]
- EFN Lounge closes amid controversy. [Washington Blade]
- How dishes really get made in a tiny food truck. [Serious Eats]