Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
- A bit of Havana is coming to Penn Quarter this Friday as Cuba Libre opens. (Thrillist)
- Living without bread may not suck after all. How to live gluten-free in D.C. (WeLoveDC)
- Now that fall is here, Alejandra Owens discusses the art of buying figs. (Borderstan)
- Living on a prayer? Well, don’t. Try living on these Bonbon Jovi truffles instead. (Serious Eats)
- Considering a new career as a cheesemonger? Space is running out in Cheese 101: An Introductory Course on Cheese at the Frenchman’s Cellar in Culpeper. (Northern Virginia magazine)
- This weekend’s D.C. Turkish Festival will attempt to create the world’s longest shish-kebab. Remember to keep your distance. (The Open Press)
- Are genetically engineered foods more allergenic? The FDA is considering whether to approve the first-ever genetically engineered fish. (Mother Jones)
- Nothing says Sunday more than football, beer, and lamb sandwiches? Drew Long tries to convince us to upgrade from the usual burger and and dog routine. (DC Foodies)
Photo by Jessie Oleson via Serious Eats