Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
Let’s get right to the news:
- There’s a bourbon dinner going down on Oct. 26 at Fourth Estate Restaurant at 529 14th St. NW, featuring five courses and, well, bourbon. (Girl Meets Food)
- The Red Derby opened a roof deck over the weekend, and it looks like it even has heaters! (Prince of Petworth)
- The folks over at D.C. Central Kitchen are gearing up for next month’s Capital Food Fight, featuring local chefs such as Spike Mendelsohn (Good Stuff Eatery) and Victor Albisu (BLT Steak) and special guest judges such as Anthony Bourdain and José Andrés. (WeLoveDC)
- News from Twitter is that food truck, DC Empanadas, will start rolling out this week in the District — with plans to extend into Maryland. (TBD)
- Beer and wings specialists, Buffalo Wild Wings, will open up a location in Crystal City as early as December at the corner of 23rd Street and Crystal Drive. (ARLnow)
- Craft beer on tap, gourmet pizzas, Chicago dogs, and pulled pork sandwiches — at the movies? Liz Stevenson describes the beauty that is NoVa’s Alamo Drafthouse Cinema. Look out, Arlington Cinema N Drafthouse. (Northern Virginia magazine)
- The owners behind the popular Foggy Bottom eatery, Founding Farmers, and its sister operation, Farmers & Fishers, are planning to open a new restaurant in Potomac. (Bethesda magazine)
- Don’t feel like dishing out the usual assortment of Halloween candies this year? Deep-fry ’em. Yeah, that’s right, deep-fry ’em! (Cakespy)
- Because procrastination always ends with bad turkeys. Alejandra Owens reminds us it’s time to start ordering that Thanksgiving turkey from the 14th & U Farmers Market. (Borderstan)
- Liquor and knives really do go together. This Wednesday, Helix Lounge is hosting a pumpkin carving contest, featuring festive drinks like its pumpkin martini and a prize for the “most ghoulish gourd.” (Thrillist)
Photo by Jessie Oleson (aka Cakespy) via cakespy.com