Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
No time to waste, let’s get straight to the news.
- Capitol Hill Sporting Goods at 727 8th St. SE will soon be replaced by a funky new tavern serving up American fare and offering live jazz and blues. (The Hill Is Home)
- During President Obama’s trip to the Subcontinent this past weekend, the Indian government provided him with an extra 12 food tasters in addition to his usual first line of culinary defense. Now what happens when he goes to eat for free at Ben’s Chili Bowl? (Food Safety News)
- Apparently 90 percent of all American households eat turkey on Thanksgiving. If you find yourself falling into that category, well, then this item is for you. (Northern Virginia magazine)
- The McRib sandwich and Facebook were somehow made for each other, notes WaPo‘s Jim Shahin. (All We Can Eat)
- Hey, Biergarten Haus, look out! A new Bavarian beer garden is on its way to 720 L St. SE. (Prince of Petworth)
- Alejandra Owens is hosting what might just be the first ever Twitter Turkey Summit this Wednesday in which you can discuss how not to ruin Thanksgiving dinner. (One Bite At a Time)
- Former IndeBleu chef Michael Hartzer is pairing up with the owner of Bourbon to open the Jack Rose Dining Saloon in Adams Morgan. The selling point? One thousand kinds of whiskey. (Going Out Gurus)
- Thanksgiving Day is hectic enough on its own, why go the extra mile and make homemade cranberry sauce? (Serious Eats)
- The CityVista building at 5th and K Street NW will be the site of a handful of future joints, including Michael Landrum’s newest endeavor: Ryse, an “urban bakeshop/cafe”. (WeLoveDC)
- PETA sympathizers look away: Executive chef Wesley Mortono at AGAINN has announced plans for a series of monthly dinners celebrating the fall hunting season, starting with Nov. 16’s wild game meal. (Girl Meets Food)
- Just what we need: another burger joint. Celebrity chef Bobby Flay plans to throwdown a Bobby’s Burger Palace on K Street NW. (Washington Business Journal)
- The folks over at Thrillist have a sneak peek of The Atlas Room, which opened this past weekend at 1015 H St. NE. (Thrillist)
- I’m calling bullshit on the USDA. The agency wants us to lose weight but eat more cheese at the same time. (New York Times).
- Alyssa Shelasky, author of Apron Anxiety and fiancee to Good Stuff Eatery chef Spike Mendelsohn has announced that her blog will soon become a book. (Apron Anxiety)
Photo by Robyn Lee via SeriousEats.com