Get our free newsletter
Patience may be a virtue, but it’s not one of mine. Let’s get straight to the news:
- Panera Bread opened its first D.C. location over the weekend with a spot at 1350 Connecticut Ave. NW in Dupont. (Prince of Petworth)
- Hey, bird brain, still haven’t bought your Thanksgiving turkey yet? (We haven’t either.) Here are the places that are, ahem, hawking fresh local birds. (WaPo)
- Grapeseed‘s chef Jeff Heineman is planning to open a New England-style seafood shack called Freddie’s Lobster and Clams right next door to his current joint at 4867 Cordell Ave. in Bethesda. (Bethesda magazine)
- Still determined to deep-fry that turkey of yours? Well, bring your fully thawed bird to BGR’s Bethesda location on Thanksgiving Day between 11 a.m. and 1:30 pm., and they will do it for free. That’s right, for free, no questions asked. (WeLoveDC)
- Speaking of BGR, owner Mark Bucher has just signed a lease for a Burger Joint in Springfield, at 8420 Old Keene Mill Road. It’ll mark the fifth BGR. The sixth is already scheduled for Clarendon.
- Capital City Brewing Co. has lost its lease on Capitol Hill and will be moving operations to its Shirlington site, making it one of the top 10 largest brewpubs in the country. (All We Can Eat)
- New York’s Crumb Bake Shop opened over the weekend. It has 10 more locations planned for the metro area. (Metrocurean)
- The Thrillist folks explore the menu at the recently opened Dirty Martini at 1223 Connecticut Ave. NW, including a flashy list of at least 16 cocktails. (Thrillist)
- What to do with all your leftover cranberry sauce ? Make French toast with it, of course. (Serious Eats)
- The most wonderful time of the year: Holiday and winter brews are beginning to make their way to liquor stores near you. (Northern Virginia magazine)
- The long-awaited gourmet mac ‘n’ cheese truck, CapMac, made its debut yesterday on Farragut Square.
- Self-proclaimed “non-traditional sandwich shop” SUNdeVICH is on its way to 1314 9th St. NW. (Prince of Petworth)
- Don’t feel like cooking this year? Here’s your guide to dining out on Thanksgiving Day. (TBD)
Photo by Elena (Elena777) via Flickr/Creative Commons Attribution 2.0