If the other bubbly beverage, beer, is what you prefer to toast this New Year’s, you are in luck. Below is a run down of the week in beer with a list of places for beer geeks to ring in the new year with craft beer. For more details about any event, click on it in our D.C. Beer Events Calendar above.
On Tuesday, Belga Café is having their monthly beer dinner, this time featuring a class by beer sommelier Jens Pifferoen. The menu includes three courses and seven beers for $49 per person.
On Wednesday at Mad Fox Brewpub in Falls Church, brewery founder Bill Madden and brewer Charlie Buettner will be in the bar from 5:00 to 7:00pm to talk about their brews, the weather…whatever. Don’t forget – Mad Fox’s happy hour includes $3 pints of their house-brewed lagers and ales and runs every day from 3:00 to 7:00pm.
For Friday night, I suggest the following locations for New Beer’s Eve revelry:
- Meridian Pint – Seatings for 6:00 and 8:00pm for a three-course menu by chef David Shewmaker paired with beers selected by beer director Sam Fitz for $50. Free rare beer toast at midnight and late night breakfast menu from midnight until 3:00am.
- ChurchKey – Full open bar including all 50 drafts and 5 casks, heavy hors d’oeuvres, DJ, and special tastings from beer director Greg Engert’s private stash for $150 per person.
- Birch & Barley – Six-course dinner by chef Kyle Bailey with ten hand-picked seasonal pairings by beer director Greg Engert for $150.
- Brasserie Beck – Three-course tasting menu with specialties like Stellar Bay oyster gratin and Columbia River sturgeon for $65 per person and beer or wine pairings for an extra $25.
- RFD – Buffet dinner from 8:00 to 10:00pm for $15, unique beer specials and $5 drafts all night, DJ, and complimentary beer toast at midnight.
- Mad Fox (Falls Church) – Dinner specials including potato-wrapped lobster, beef Wellington, cowboy rib eye steak plus all the regular menu offerings. Complimentary Champagne and Mad Fox Kolsch toasts at midnight.
- Dogfish Head Alehouse (Fairfax) – Five-course dinner paired with Dogfish Head brews. Early 6:00pm seating is $60 per person and the 9:00pm seating, which includes a toast and live music, is $80 per person.
Also, if you are looking for holiday ales on draft, Galaxy Hut is sure to still have some left, and at Pizzeria Paradiso the Year End Jubilation continues this week at the Georgetown, Dupont, and Old Town Alexandria locations.
Send submissions for the D.C. Beer Events calendar to email@example.com.