We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
DC Brau Brewing Company, the first production brewery to operate in the District in more than half a century, had an epic launch this weekend that seemed to show just how thirsty D.C. brewhounds are for locally crafted beer. Meridian Pint in Columbia Heights had a line down the block starting before the bar opened at 5 p.m. Friday. The crowds lingered until all 15 kegs, which were intended to last the entire weekend, had run dry in less than seven hours.
DC Brau’s debut brew, The Public, presented well. I found it to be a deliciously crisp and balanced pale ale. With a middle-of-the-road alcohol content of 6 percent, The Public is an easy-drinking beer to start an evening with, or make an evening of.
For those looking to find the stuff on draft this week, check out the list of D.C. and Virginia locations after the jump. DC Brau will be available in cans starting in May.
- Elephant & Castle, 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- Hilton Garden Inn, 815 14th Street NW
- Pizzeria Paradiso, 3282 M Street NW
- ChurchKey/Birch & Barley, 1337 14th Street NW
- The Big Hunt, 1345 Connecticut Avenue NW
- Bread & Brew, 1247 20th Street NW
- Kramerbooks & Afterwords Cafe, 1517 Connecticut Avenue NW
- Pizzeria Paradiso, 2003 P Street NW
- The Black Squirrel, 18th Street NW
- Meridian Pint, 3400 11th St NW
- Lola’s, 711 8th Street SE
- Little Miss Whiskey’s Golden Dollar, 1104 H Street NE
- The Pug, 1234 H Street NE
- Smith Commons, 1245 H Street NE
- Boulevard Woodgrill, 2901 Wilson Boulevard
- Liberty Tavern, 3195 Wilson Boulevard
- Rustico, 4075 Wilson Boulevard
- Rustico, 827 Slaters Lane
- Whole Foods Market, 1700 Duke Street
Image courtesy of DC Brau
Follow The Lagerheads on Twitter | on Facebook