It’s already Thursday of D.C. Beer Week. Depending on how much fun you have already had, you may need to give your liver a break. If the two of you are ready to go out there again tonight, below are my suggestions. Be sure to check out the evening’s full calendar after the jump.
- Chocolate City Beer Launch Party at RFD (from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.) – We have another new production brewery in the District! Chocolate City Beer founders Jay Irizarry, Ben Matz, Brian Flanagan and Don Parker, are hosting a launch party in the back room at RFD. D.C.’s newest local brews will be $4 a pint and DJ O’Scool will be spinning tunes until close. Best part? No cover
- Local Cask Night at District ChopHouse & Brewery (from 6 to 9 p.m.) – Slurp some fresh cask ale from the following local breweries: Rock Bottom Bethesda, Gordon Biersch D.C., DuClaw, Franklin’s Restaurant & Brewery of Hyattsville, Oliver Breweries and Heavy Seas of Baltimore, Capitol City Brewing Company, Mad Fox of Falls Church, Great American Restaurants / Sweetwater Tavern of Sterling, and of course, the District ChopHouse. A $40 ticket gets you hors d’oeuvres, a take-home tasting glass, and unlimited beer. Reservations are required.
- Oskar Blues Founder Meet & Greet and Blues Band Night at Bier Baron (from 5 to 8 p.m.) – The Bier Baron will feature a variety of styles from Colorado’s Oskar Blues Brewery and a live blues band. Founder Dale Katechis, a musician himself, might even get on stage. If not, you can still count on him for free Oskar Blues merch.
- Elysian Brewing Welcome Party at ChurchKey (from 6 to 10 p.m.) – This launch party for Elysian Brewing Company from Seattle, Washington, welcomes the highly decorated brewery and its beers to D.C. With names like Sextacula, Rosemary’s Baby, and Asphalt Dunkel, how can you not be curious about the beer?
- Bell’s Beer & Cheese Pairing at Little Miss Whiskey’s (from 7 to 9 p.m.) – Join regional Bell’s Brewery representative Derek Zombrowski for a paired tasting menu featuring six cheeses matched with a selection of Bell’s fine brews. The price is $30 per person for all six pairings and you can show up and order anytime between 7 and 9 p.m.
- Starr Hill Beer 101 Class at Radius (from 5 to 7 p.m.) and Iron Horse Taproom (from 8 to 10 p.m.) – Take a introductory course in beer with Starr Hill Brewing Company owner and brewmaster Mark Thompson. Featured beers include Northern Lights IPA, Boxcar Pumpkin Porter, Love Hefe Weizen, Jomo Lager, Double Platinum IPA, Festie, Starr Hill Amber. Thompson will be giving away knowledge as well as brewery schwag.
- Allagash, DC Brau & Schlafly Draft Night and Patio Party at Meridian Pint (from 5 to 11:30 p.m.) – Meridian Pint is devoting an evening, and 24 draft lines, to three of its favorite breweries, Allagash, DC Brau, and Schlafly. In all the way from St. Louis, Schlafly Tap Room chef Andy White will be on the patio grilling up treats for the festivities.
- Lagunitas Tap Takeover at The Black Squirrel (from 5 to 11 p.m.) – Five drafts and several bottles from California’s Lagunitas Brewing Company will be poured along side special food pairings, including half-price burgers. The line-up includes bitter beauties like Hop Stoopid Ale, IPA Maximus, The Kronic Rich Copper Ale, and Classic IPA.
- Flying Dog Night & Hole-in-One Contest at H Street Country Club (from 6 to 10 p.m.) – Flying Dog Brewery of Frederick, Maryland, invites you to don your popped collars and goofy plaid pants for a night of games and pints. Win some beery prizes for your golf skills. Fore!
Send submissions for the D.C. Beer Events calendar to firstname.lastname@example.org.