We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
- Mobile Warming
- The Clique and the Dead
- Which Food Truck Should I Go To?
- Food Truckers: The New Baristas
- A Day in the Life of a Milk and Cookies Food Truck
- Food Truck Etiquette Tips by Miss Manners
- Lunch? There’s a (Probably Inaccurate) App for That
- Food Truck or Recreational Sports Team? Take the Quiz!
Whether you’re trying to stand out in the lunchtime truck crowd or in the crazy world of competitive postgame flipcup, a catchy name always helps. Unfortunately, there are only so many catchy names to go around—which is why it’s not always easy to tell the difference between a D.C. food truck and a team in one of D.C.’s many yuppie sports leagues. Can you figure out which is which based on their names?
A. The Matzo Balls
B. Ball or Nothing
C. That’s a Spicy Meatball!
D. Balls to the Mall
E. Saved by the Ball
F. DC Ballers
A. Top Dog
B. Rebel Heroes
C. Hair of the Dog
D. Red Oktober
E. Mighty Dog
F. Krazy Claws
B. Roving Italian
C. Looking to Score
D. Little Piece of Heaven
E. We Got the Runs
1: Food truck: F, B; Soccer team: F; Kickball team: A, B, C, D, E
2: Food truck: A, B, E, F; Soccer team: C, D
3: Food truck: A, B, D; Kickball team: C, E; Soccer team: F