Having the annual Craft Brewers Conference in D.C. this week means plenty of chances to rub elbows with the brewers from around the world—or at least drink their beers. Yesterday, we brought you picks for the best events each day. Today, we offer some suggestions on where to meet beer world celebrities, listen to live music, drink beer and eat cheese, and more. Excited about something in particular or notice an exceptional event we missed? Hit the comments.
BEER CELEBRITY SIGHTINGS
- St. Louis Brewery Tap Takeover and Beer Dinner with Dan Kopman, Phil Wymore, and Florian Kuplent at Meridian Pint (bar open at 3 p.m., dinner at 6:30 p.m.)
- Firestone Walker & Ballast Point Rarities & Beer Cocktails with Jack White, James Murray, andBeerAdvocate founders Jason and Todd Alström at Smoke and Barrel (5 p.m.)
- Devils Backbone Tap Takeover with Jason Oliver and Steve Crandall at Rustico in Alexandria (6 p.m.)
- New Belgium Sins & Chronic and Rare Stone Drafts with Jenn Litz and Dr. Bill Sysak at Meridian Pint (5 to 10 p.m.)
- Draft Magazine Mash-In at Smith Commons on (7 to 10 p.m.) with Larry and David Bell of Bell’s Brewery, Tom and John Knorr of Evolution, Dave Engbers of Founders, Patrick Conway of Great Lakes, Brett Vanderkamp and Dave White of New Holland, Mitch Steele of Stone, and more.
- All About Beer Magazine’s 30 Under 30 Spotlight at the National Press Club (5 to 8 p.m.), featuring the young celebrities of the brewing industry.
- The BeerAdvocate Boil at Smith Commons (7 to 10 p.m.) with Rob Tod of Allagash, John McDonald of Boulevard, Phil Leinhart of Brewery Ommegang, David Walker of Firestone Walker, Jim Caruso and Matt Brophy of Flying Dog, and more.
- Bring the Funk Beer & Cheese Pairing at Boundary Road (5:30 p.m.)
- Belgian Beer and Cheese Inspired Dinner at Belga Café (6:30 p.m.)
- Oxbow and The Bruery Beer & Cheese Tasting at Meridian Pint (Seatings at 4 p.m. and 6 p.m.)
- Abita presents The Revivalists at the Hamilton (7:30 p.m.)
- DC Brau, Ska Brewing, and Country Malt Group present The Pietasters at the Black Cat (8 p.m.)
- Dogfish Head presents The Feelies at the 9:30 Club (7 p.m.)
- Heavy Seas presents The Cris Jacobs Band at the Hamilton (7:30 p.m.)
- Flying Dog Festival de Cans Beer and Film Festival with Escort at the 9:30 Club (8 p.m.)
- DC Brau’s Jeff Hancock and Stillwater’s Brian Strumke “Time & Place” Collaboration Release and DJ Party at Little Miss Whiskey’s (8 p.m.)
- Brooklyn Brewery presents Here We Go Magic at the Hamilton (7:30 p.m.)
- Surly and 3 Floyds present Pig Destroyer at the Black Cat (9 p.m.)
- Feast of the Iron Throne Ommegang Beer Dinner at Jack Rose Dining Saloon (7:30 p.m.), featuring Game of Thrones-inspired beers from Ommegang
- Beer Hunter: The Movie screening and Michael Jackson Birthday Bash at RFD (7 p.m.)
- Amber Waves Exhibit Opening at District Architecture Center (5 to 7 p.m.) sponsored by Dogfish Head and Victory and featuring beers paired with pieces of art that represent each of over two dozen American craft breweries.
Image courtesy of the Brewers Association