Get our free newsletter
The D.C. Office of Tax and Revenue shut down five Subway shops, a Dunkin’ Donuts, KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut today after the owner of the businesses, Yasmin Parveen, failed to pay the city close to $500,000 in sales taxes.
The tax office revoked the businesses’ sales and use tax certificates (prohibiting them from selling food and beverages) after making “numerous attempts” to collect the outstanding taxes, according to a press release from OTR. The owners failed to respond to multiple collection notices.
Y&H tried calling several of the eateries but found no response or disconnected numbers. Check out which locations were closed below:
- Subway, 2001 14th St. NW
- Dunkin’ Donuts, 2001 14th St. NW
- Subway, 2301-B Georgia Ave. NW
- Subway, 2861 Alabama Ave. SE
- Subway, 3950 Minnesota Ave NE
- Georgetown Eatery INC., 3800 Reservoir RD NW (Businesses inside Georgetown Eatery include Subway, KFC, Taco Bell, and Pizza Hut)
CORRECTION: The Subway location at 2861 Alabama Ave. is located in SE, not NE as was initially stated.
Photo via Google Maps