Sign up for our free newsletter
Free D.C. news, delivered to your inbox daily.
Triangle Artists Group (TAG), an organization of more than 100 lesbian and gay artists from the D.C. Metro/Baltimore region, will be conducting an Artomatic tour of this year’s members. Starting at 5 p.m. on Friday, July 3, the tour led by Mark Osele will give a rundown of the best queer art at this year’s Artomatic.
The following TAG members will be part of the tour:
- Matt Hollis is showing his piece “BIRTH of a GALAXY” on the 9th floor.
- Tiik Pollet, who also an award winning singer/songwriter and musician, is showing her photography, painting and drawings on the 7th floor.
- On the 8th floor, there’s a splendid multimedia piece by Tim Tate titled “The Oracle” (see right). It’s made of blown and cast glass, electronic components and original video.
- Ira Tattelman who Artomatic Manual previously did a Q&A with has his presentation on the 7th floor.
- On the 6th floor you will find a stunning 3-D standalone from Peter Wood.
- Richard Kightlinger and Fabian Rios-Rubino are showing their original works on the 4th floor
- The original paintings from Margaret Dowell are on the 2nd floor.
- Michael Torra is found on the 2nd floor with his take on abstract art of which he says “I’ve heard some people say that abstract and non-representational art is not accessible to those outside the cultural elite. They’re wrong of course.”
- Original photography from Colin Winterbottom is on the 2nd floor of which he says “I welcome Artomatic as an opportunity to show types of work I might not show elsewhere”