Do you know D.C.?
Get our free newsletter to stay in the know about local D.C.
So it turns out that Councilmember Michael A. Brown has some unpaid tax debts. As a public service, LL is trying to put together some sharp ideas for the councilmember to help pay those pesky bills. After some pretty heated brainstorming with with City Paper‘s Jason Cherkis, we’ve only been able to come up with a few ideas:
- Sell the naming rights to “Michael A. Brown.” Metro is considering selling the naming rights to its stations, and we all know “Michael Brown” is a desirable name.
- Rent out your council office to Councilmember Sekou Biddle. LL recently saw Biddle putting his yogurt in CM Tommy Wells‘ office refridgerator because Biddle doesn’t have a fridge of his own. Brown’s got a pretty nice office that he could probably get some nice coin out of Biddle for.
- Run for mayor. Sure, legally you’d have to quit your fancy second job as a lobbyist, but there’s got to be other ways to supplement the mayor’s $200,000-a-year salary, which is $80,000 more than what you make as a councilmember.
- Sell the naming rights to Pennsylvania Avenue. You’ve already working on changing the name; why not make some cash at the same time?
- Charge for basketball lessons.
Have any other suggestions for Brown? Leave them in the comments.
Photo by Darrow Montgomery