Sign up for our free newsletter
The March 10th campaign finance reports are in. With exactly three weeks to go before the election, here’s a quick look at some of the money totals:
- Ward 8 Councilmember Marion Barry‘s campaign raised a respectable $57,000 this last report, but spent $59,000.
- Ward 7 Councilmember Yvette Alexander has $18,000 going into the home stretch.
- Both Barry and Alexander likely (not everyone has their reports in yet) have more cash to spend in these next three weeks than their challengers, but not by huge margins.
- In the at-large race, the cash on hand totals are: Councilmember Vincent Orange: $114,000; Sekou Biddle: $42,000; Peter Shapiro: $82,000 (he loaned himself $50,000); E. Gail Anderson Holness as $2,300
- Ward 4 Councilmember Muriel Bowser has $217,000 left to burn through on this race, or maybe she can find another race to spend it on…
- In the Ward 5 special election, Kenyan McDuffie led all comers with a $30,000 haul this last cycle.
- Shadow Senator Michael D. Brown is $320 in the hole at the moment. His self-financed opponent Pete Ross has $55,000 left to burn.
That’s all for the big numbers. LL will try and start digging for obvious bundling/suspicious money orders when he gets a chance.