Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
We can't make City Paper without you
Between the straw donations and the multitude of shadow campaigns, keeping track of Jeff Thompson‘s individual campaign finance misdeeds can be tricky. It’s convenient, then, the U.S. Attorney’s Office has summed the whole thing up in three charts.
Here’s a list of which candidate each of the alphabet soup of names appears to correspond with, based on their descriptions. Keep in mind, though, that according to U.S. Attorney Ron Machen, candidates had “varying degrees of knowledge” about Thompson’s involvement. None have been charged with any wrongdoing.
- Mayoral Candidate A: Vince Gray
- Mayoral Candidate B: Linda Cropp
- D.C. Council Candidate A, At-Large: Mark Long
- D.C. Council Candidate B, Ward 6: Kelvin Robinson
- D.C. Council Candidate C, Ward 1: Jeff Smith
- D.C. Council Candidate D, At-Large: Vincent Orange
Follow the jump to see two more, including one tracking Gray’s alleged relationship with the man who said today he funded his shadow campaign.
Charts courtesy the U.S. Attorney’s Office