Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
With the mayoral primary’s outcome still unknown on Monday, deep-pocketed campaign contributors had already picked their winner. While Vince Gray reported just $750 in his last campaign finance report, Muriel Bowser received $17,700 in contributions the day before the election.
Bowser’s last-minute donors included lobbyists, attorneys, and developers as far afield as Florida. Among Bowser’s contributors:
- Lobbyists Gregory Proctor ($1,000) and Lori Denham ($250)
- Art Fuccillo, who worked for the Lerner family on Nationals Park negotiations ($750)
- Gun control activist Pia Carusone ($250)
- Critical Timing LLC, a mystery Delaware-based LLC ($1,000)
- Former Adrian Fenty running buddy and businessman George T. Simpson ($2,000)
- New York property mogul Vincent F. Ponte ($2,000)
Photo by Darrow Montgomery