Do you have a plan to vote?

Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.

We can't make City Paper without you

$
$
$

Your contribution is appreciated.

Fringe editor Chris Klimek did a bang-up cover story on Capital Fringe, which starts tonight and runs through July 25. Among the juiciest tidbits:

  • Fort Fringe used to be an Italian restaurant that was a favorite dining spot of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.
  • She may have a fancy title, but Fringe executive director and co-founder Julianne Brienza still gets her hands dirty, taking care of unappealing tasks like scrubbing urine off the Fort Fringe grounds.
  • Fringe 2010 is showing 137 productions; 113 more productions wanted in but the festival was “unable to accommodate” them.
  • Fringe ain’t cheap: participant and insurance fees for Fringe total $850.
  • Fringe generates 70 percent of its operating budget; the remaining 30 percent comes from grants and donations.

Check out the piece for more on Fringe, including a taxonomy of Fringe performers.

Photo: Darrow Montgomery