Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
Handsome Beer Company, D.C.’s latest craft brewing venture, launches this weekend and will hold a slew of events over the next two weeks across the District and as far away as Annapolis, Baltimore, and Frederick.
Co-founders Graham MacDonald, former assistant general manager at Right Proper Brewing Company and beer director at 2Amys, and homebrewer and blogger Matt Humbard are just one of several teams opening breweries in D.C. over the next year. The catch: The duo has no brewery of their own. For now, their beers will be produced under contract at Old Bust Head in Warrenton, Va.
Each launch event will feature all three of Handsome Beer’s debut brews: Galaxy Saison, a light and very dry 5.9-percent-alcohol “tropical” farmhouse ale with Galaxy hops; Medium and Message, a 5-percent-alcohol Abbey ale with Motueka hops from New Zealand; and Strange Charm, a rich, 6-percent-alcohol “reinvented” brown ale.
Details for D.C. area events are below. View the full list on the release week page at the brewery’s website.
- Sunday, Sept. 20, 12 to 4 p.m., at Glen’s Garden Market in Dupont Circle
- Wednesday, Sept. 23, 5 to 7 p.m., at Meridian Pint in Columbia Heights with an exclusive cask and $1 off beers
- Thursday, Sept. 24, 5 to 7 p.m., at Pizzeria Paradiso in Dupont Circle with an exclusive cask and half-price beers
- Sunday, Sept. 27, 6 to 9 p.m., at Granville Moore’s on H Street NE with $6 beers and additional food and beer discounts for emergency first responders
- Friday, Oct. 2, 5 to 8 p.m., at Town Center Market in Riverdale with Humbard
- Friday, Oct. 2, 5 to 8 p.m. at Downtown Crown in Gaithersburg with MacDonald
Photo of Graham MacDonald and Matt Humbard by Darrow Montgomery