Do you have a plan to vote?
Let us tell you the information you need to register and cast a ballot in D.C.
Approximately 7,000 cyclists will take over downtown D.C. on Sunday as part of the first-ever “DC Bike Ride.”
The route will span 17 miles, according to the ride’s organizers, running from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. They’re describing it as a “car-free tour of the nation’s capital” that will pass many of the monuments along the National Mall, and the Potomac:
The Metropolitan Police Department and the District Department of Transportation say the following streets will be closed from Saturday at 11 a.m. to Sunday at midnight:
- Pennsylvania Avenue NW between Third and Seventh streets NW
- Constitution Avenue NW between Pennsylvania Avenue NW and Seventh Street NW
Other will be closed from 6:15 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Sunday, “unless otherwise marked,” according to MPD and DDOT:
- First Street NW from Pennsylvania Avenue NW to Maryland Avenue SW
- Maryland Avenue SW from First Street NW to Third Street NW
- Third Street SW from Maryland Avenue SW to Pennsylvania Avenue SW
- Independence Avenue SW from Seventh Street SW to Third Street SW
- Seventh Street SW from Independence Avenue SW to Maine Avenue SW
- Maine Avenue, SW from 395 Exit Ramp (Treasury Building) to 7th Street, SW
- 14th Street NW from Constitution Avenue NW to the 14th Street Bridge
- 395 HOV Lanes from the 14th Street Bridge to the S. Eads Street Exit (Closed at 8:00 a.m.)
- Constitution Avenue NW from 14th Street NW to 18th Street NW
- 18th Street NW from E Street NW to Constitution Avenue NW
- Virginia Avenue NW from E Street NW to Constitution Avenue NW
- E Street NW from 18th Street NW to Potomac River Freeway NW
- Potomac Freeway from Rock Creek Parkway NW to Whitehurst Freeway NW
- Whitehurst Freeway NW from Potomac Freeway NW to Canal Road NW (Closed at 6:30 a.m.)
- Whitehurst Freeway NW from Potomac Freeway and K Street NW to Key Bridge Exit (Closed at 7:15 a.m.)
Registration for the ride closes tonight at 11:59 p.m. The ride is being sponsored by Events DC and CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield.