Do you know D.C.?
Get our free newsletter to stay in the know about local D.C.
Dupont Circle may no longer be D.C.’s “gay neighborhood,” but on Saturday it will play host to the 2016 Capital Pride Parade, as it has for more than four decades.
The Metropolitan Police Department and the District Department of Transportation say the following streets will be closed from roughly 1 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. for the march:
- 23rd Street NW between N Street and Q Street
- 22nd Street NW between N Street and Q Street
- N Street NW between 21st Street and 23rd Street
- Newport Street NW between 21st Street and 22nd Street
- P Street NW between 21st Street and 22nd Street
- Q Street NW between 23rd Street and Massachusetts Avenue
The parade itself is scheduled to start at 4:30 p.m. It will proceed along the following route, according to its organizers: