We know D.C. Get our free newsletter to stay in the know.
1. The melody for the Nat King Cole standard “What a Difference a Day Makes” comes from the Cuban song
a) “Cuba Linda” (Beautiful Cuba)
b) “Quiero Comprar las Naranjas” (I Want to Buy the Oranges)
c) “Guantanamera” (Guantanamera)
d) “Cuando Vuelvo a tu Lado” (When I Return to Your Side)
2. Where were the covers of both the Rolling Stones’ High Tide and Green Grass and Simon and Garfunkel’s Sounds of Silence photographed?
a) Brighton, England
b) Woodstock, New York
c) Franklin Canyon, Los Angeles
d) Long Island, New York
3. According to chart expert Joel Whitburn, this pre-WWII performer sung on some 12,000 recordingsfar more than any other vocalist in history. Name the artist.
a) Jenny Lind
b) Al Jolson
c) Henry Burr
d) Enrico Caruso
4. According to Gordon Lightfoot, how many men were aboard the Edmund
5. Rudy Vallee’s #1 hit “Stein Song” was the theme song for what university?
b) the University of Maine
c) the University of Notre Dame
d) the University of Pittsburgh
6. What are Ferrante & Teicher’s first names?
a) Michael & John
b) Arthur & Louis
c) Angelo & Martin
d) Phil & John
1-d, 2-c, 3-c, 4-b, 5-b, 6-b
By the way, there were 37 Spinal Tappers, according to the band.