Re: Michael Colton’s article “Cult Film” (1/29):
1. Hubbard wrote every sort of fiction under the sun, perhaps most notably “Fear” (1941), a short short story.
2. Scientology is religion, by virtue of the definition of the word “religion.”
3. Understanding mental dysfunctions and antisocial behaviors by examining reincarnation is a religious practice thousands of years old, and besides the Bhagavad Gita (more than 5,000 years ago), little systemized knowledge has been available until Scientology.
4. Ex-members of anything whatsoever will first tell you how stupid they are, and then try to tell you something more.
5. Don’t believe everything you read on the Internet.
Where You Live
Kudos on your piece on Scientologists (“Cult Film,” 1/29), our friendly neighborhood rip-off artists.