Stay up to date on D.C. with our free newsletters
City Paper’s Funniest College Video Contest!
The Washington City Paper Funniest College Video Contest gives participants the opportunity to compete for the funniest video submitted. Washington City Paper reserves the right to choose finalist to compete for the grand prize. City Paper readers will vote on 10 finalists (selected by City Paper Judges). The grand prize winner will be the video with the most votes. The winner takes away 4 tickets to Comedian Carlos Mencia (Mind of Mencia) on November 14, 2008 and MGM DVD Prize Package.
- Four tickets to the Carlos Mencia show on November 14, 2008 at DAR
- MGM DVD Package featuring Back to School, Class, Saved, Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure, Legally Blonde, Losin It, Last American Virgin, National Lampoon’s Van Wilder 2, National Lampoon’s Golddiggers, and National Lampoon’s Dorm Daze
Be the first to submit your video!
-The first 50 entries will receive two advance screening passes to COLLEGE and a movie t-shirt!
Submit your video here.
- Entrants must be 21 and over to be eligible for contest
- Videos must be submitted by August 20th, 2008
- Video must be no longer than 4 minutes and 30 seconds in length, including any credits. If entry is longer than 2 minutes only the first 2 minutes will be judged. Video Submissions longer than 2 minutes may be disqualified at discretion of Sponsor.
- Public Voting will be held August 25 – September 3, 2008 (Winner Selected and Notified on Friday, September 5th)
- There is no fee to enter the video contest; however, you are responsible for any costs you may incur for creating and submitting your video. By submitting your video, you grant Washington City Paper the right to air and use it for any purpose and with appropriate attribution as to its creator and/or source.
- There is a limit of one entry per eligible participant.
- As conditions of entry into a Contest, and by uploading an Entry, each Entrant warrants and represents that uploaded Entry (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (d) that you have obtained permission from a person who’s name, likeness or voice is used in the Video or Music and (e) and that publication of the Video or Music via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless Washington City Paper from any claims to the contrary.
- City Paper employees are not eligible for contest
- The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- By entering this Contest, and to the extent allowed by law, entrants grant Washington City Paper and each of their affiliates, licensees, promotional partners, and third party marketing entities the absolute right and permission to edit, modify, cut, rearrange, add to, delete from, copy, reproduce, translate, dub, adapt, publish, exploit, and use the content of and elements embodied in the Video Submissions, entries, and the entries themselves, in perpetuity in any and all media, including but not limited to digital and electronic media, computer, audio and audiovisual media (whether now existing or hereafter devised), in any language, throughout the world, and in any manner, for trade, advertising, promotional, commercial or any other purposes without further review, notice, approval, consideration, or compensation. Entrants waive and Washington City Paper and each of their affiliates from any and all claims that entrants may now or hereafter have in any jurisdiction based on any claims.