City Paper is not for tourists
Washington City Paper is giving you the chance to become one of Hard Rock’s Ambassadors of Rock!
Washington City Paper, BIG 100.3 and Hard Rock Cafe Washington DC are sending a winner and guest to attend Hard Rock Calling in London’s historic Hyde Park; a three day concert event featuring performances by The Killers, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Dave Matthews Band, Fleet Foxes and more.
Qualify for your chance to win by entering your information below, listening to BIG 100.3, or register at the “plug in and win” event at the Hard Rock Cafe Washington DC on May 11th at 9:00 PM.
20 qualifiers will have the chance to win the grand prize to attend Hard Rock Calling in London. Grand Prize winner will also receive a Gibson Les Paul Junior guitar. Also visit hardrock.com to register for trips around the world to attend Hard Rock Ambassadors of Rock concerts.
Brought to you by Pepsi. Airfare provided by American Airlines, a member of the OneWorld Alliance.
Check this box to be subscribed to our exclusive performing arts newsletter.
NOTE: Only one submission per person, please. Multiple entries by the same person will count as one entry. This contest is open to residents of D.C., Virginia, and Maryland. No purchase necessary. Employees of City Paper are not eligible.
Questions? Comments? Send us a message.
Official Contest Rules:
1. Description of Contest/Participation.
A. Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin and end on or about April 20, 2009 through May 11, 2009.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants.
B. How to Enter: Four Ways to Enter:
Method #1: Listen to BIG 100.3 every Monday thru Friday between 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. for the cue to call in and be the designated caller to the Station’s contest line at 1-800-493-1003 to win a preliminary prize and become qualified for the Grand Prize Event/Drawing. A total of ten (10) on-air qualifiers will be selected to participate in the Grand Prize Event/Drawing.
Method #2: Register to be selected as a qualifier by logging onto the Station’s website at idigbig.com and follow the contest links to complete the on-line registration form. Registration begins at 12:00 a.m. on April 27, 2009 and the deadline for registration is 11:59 p.m. on May 7, 2009. Valid contest entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. A total of one (1) on-air qualifier will be selected to participate in the Grand Prize Event/Drawing
Method #3: Register to be selected as a qualifier by logging onto washingtoncitypaper.com. Online entries begin April 21st. Entry period ends May 7th at 6:00 PM. Random drawing of 5 qualifiers to be selected. Valid contest entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete and/or multiple entries will be disqualified. A total of five (5) on-air qualifiers will be selected to participate in the Grand Prize Event/Drawing
Method #4: Register at the Hard Rock Café, Washington, DC prior to the Grand Prize Event on May 11th between 9AM to 9PM. Prior to the event the Station will conduct a random drawing from all entries received that day and select four (4) additional qualifier(s) [or as many as needed to arrive at 20 total qualifiers] to participate in the Grand Prize Event.
C. How to Play: The Grand Prize event will take place on Monday, May 11, 2009 at 9PM at the Hard Rock Café, Washington, DC. Each qualifier (20) present must check in with the Station representatives.
The 20 qualifiers will be split into 4 groups of 5 participants and a stage will be set with 5 guitars plugged into a tangle of cables. The other end of the cables will not yet be plugged into the amp, but will be labeled with a number: 1-5. Each group will participate separately in the “Plug in and Win” contest. All 5 participants from each group will enter the stage, choose a guitar and start playing. Once all 5 participants in the group are playing their guitars, Ballard will pull a number (1-5) out of a hat between and plug the corresponding cable into the amp. Once a cable is plugged in, it will be revealed which participant is playing through the amp and, therefore, the winner of this round. The process will be repeated until we have four finalists. Then, one guitar is removed from the stage and the four finalists will play on the remaining four guitars for the final round. The winner of this round is the winner of the trip to London. The three runners-up will win the runners-up guitars. Qualifiers must be present to win. No substitutes or stand-ins allowed.
2. Prize(s). The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are:
Preliminary Prize: Preliminary prize to be given to all qualifiers will be the new Bruce Springsteen album provided by Columbia Records. Prize value $15. Prize provided by Hard Rock Café, Washington, DC.
Runners-up Prize: The three runners-up from the “Plug in and Win” contest will each receive a Hard Rock Guitar. Prize Value: $100.
Grand Prize Winner and guest to receive:
· Roundtrip air travel to London from nearest major gateway airport
· Three night hotel stay (dual occupancy) at the Intercontinental London Park Lane Hotel (check in: Friday, June 26; check out Monday, June 29)
· Tickets to Hard Rock Calling (June 26th, 27th & 28th 2009)
· Big Bus City Tour tickets
· Airport transfers via train
· Professional staffing with information and hospitality desk on site
· $250 spending money (winner only)
· Winner only to receive Gibson Les Paul Junior Guitar
· Washington City Paper will print an additional “review” ad for the winner of the trip. Winner will need to provide the following: 50 – 100 word review on their trip/experience, 3 pictures from the trip and the winner’s name. Hard Rock Café will supply winner details to Washington City Paper.
*NOTE: Winners have specific travel dates that can not be modified. Flights have winners leaving Thursday
(25th) afternoon, returning Monday (29th).
Approximate prize value $6,200. Prize provided by Hard Rock Café, Washington, DC.
The prize(s) that may be awarded to the eligible winner(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. All prizes or prize vouchers must be redeemed from the Station within 30 days of the contest end date unless stated otherwise in these official rules. Certain prizes are date specific (i.e. concerts, trips) and the winner or winners must be available on the dates specified. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents, at least 18-years old, as determined by the Company, and reside in the Station’s Total Survey Area (TSA), as defined by Arbitron Inc. Unless otherwise stated above, only one (1) entry per person. Only one (1) prize per household for the Contest for any thirty (30) day period. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of other radio or television stations, and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
4. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. If a contest is a call in to win contest and/or a telephone is needed to participate in the Contest, participants are restricted to the use of ordinary telephone equipment. Participants that enable the “Caller ID” block function will not be allowed to participate unless they enter their correct area code and telephone number if prompted, or disable the features inhibiting their participation in the Contest. Participants using equipment not set up for toll free phone exchanges (800, 888, 877, 866, etc.) may experience call connection problems. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a telephone call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet or at any website or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest. Entry forms in a register-to-win contest must be handwritten. No photocopies or mechanical reproductions of entry forms is permitted.
5. Voting Contests. By participating in the voting portion of any contest, each voting participant agrees to be bound by the official contest rules. Voting is limited to one vote per verified email address. If an entrant receives multiple and/or irregular votes or multiple votes from the same user or users, including but not limited to, votes generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro, other automated means or other source, the Station reserves the right to disqualify the entrant in its sole discretion. If the contest includes the use of an internet tool and the internet voting process fails to operate properly or appears to be tampered with or tainted with errors, fraud or unfair practices, the Company reserves the right to use another means to determine the winner(s), i.e. random selection or appointing a panel of judges. All decisions of the judges are final.
6. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
7. Consumer Created Content. If the entry for the Contest requires creative material from the participant/entrant, by submitting your entry: (1) you agree that your disclosure is gratuitous, unsolicited and without restriction and will not place the company or contest sponsors under any fiduciary or other obligation, that the company is free to disclose the ideas on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you; (2) you acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, the company and contest sponsors do not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to sponsor, or developed by their employees, or obtained from sources other than you; (3) you are verifying that you are the owner and producer of the submitted material and that no third party ownership rights exist to any material submitted, and (4) you are hereby granting the company and the station a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed and promote such content in any form, in all media now known or hereinafter created, anywhere in the world, for any purpose.
8. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Company.
9. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be returned.
12. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law.